Re: [IP] airlines - restriction on carry on bags

I once traveled to Great Britain from Detroit Metro on Northwest.  This was
over spring break and the plane was very crowded.  The flight assistant
also insisted that I check my carry-on bag and I told her "no way, I have
insulin dependent diabetes and this bag carries my medical
supplies."   When I refused to budge, she told me to wait a second and we
found a place for my bag in first class.  So, my carry-on got to fly first
class while I flew in coach.