Re: [IP] help!

Hi.  Just happens that I was discussing my weight gain (15# in the last
9 months) with my Endo this afternoon.  Yes there seems to be a tendency
to gain a few pounds on the pump.  However, I dropped my A1c from 9.0 to
7.4 in the last 3 months, my lowest ever! and still put on 5 pounds.  ;-)

The way my Endo and I are dealing with weight loss is to balance the
insulin with my typical diet.

Is carrying a few extra pounds something to be concerned about?  Maybe.
The real issue IMO is to get your A1c down and live the kind of life
that you want.

I agree with my friends here.  The Pump is YOURS.  You are the one in
charge.  Find an Endo that will work with the reality of your life.
Weight loss (or gain) is do-able with the pump.  I think that the most
important thing is keeping Bg's as close to normal as possible and
living the life I want.
Good luck,

Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '95, MM507 since '98