[IP] Doctors Visit/Med Questions

Hi All,

I have just come from my 3 month check up with the endo.  My a1c was at 6.0.
I have been D for 47 years and can remember when I had a1c of 12, before the
pump.  Have been on MM 508 for 2 years.  The pump has helped a lot.

The endo is changing some of my meds and I am hoping that some of you
fantastic people can help me.  She is having me change from Prinivil to
Altace.  My bp is a little  high. (135/70) and she is trying to keep the
kidneys from misbehaving.    My cholestrol is not as low as endo wants it to
be and because I have some problems with zocor causing allergic reactions,
endo is changing to Pravachol.  Endo also wants me to take Xenical to help
the cholestrol problems.

I am asking if any of you have taken these meds and if there are any bad side
effects.  The Xenical really has me concerned.  The major side effect
(frequent bowel movements) is the most concerting.  But endo says that it
will not harm the D in any way, and I need to lose some weight.  I know the
insurance company will not pay for Xenical, but will pay for the other 2.
Any info on any of these three meds would be appreciated.  I have done
research on the net, but I want some "real people" experiences instead of the
ones I have found on line.

This may be considered not pumper format, so please answer me off of the
list.  I am on the digest form so if you answer on the list I may not answer
too fast.

Thanks for any help you can give me.