[IP] Lauren's Hope Medical ID Bracelets

Lauren's Hope Medical ID Bracelets
from:  http://www.aakp.org/Young_Patients.htm

Over 16 million people in the United States are currently diagnosed with
diabetes; millions more deal with kidney problems or heart disease. Many of
these patients are not wearing the medical identification they should
because of the lack of fashionable choices. A company called Lauren's Hope
has developed a solution to this problem.

The Kansas City-based company offers dozens of interchangeable options that
combine colored beads, with14kt gold-filled or sterling silver. The
bracelets were designed to appeal to consumers of all ages. They can assist
emergency personnel in recognizing the patients' condition immediately.

Partners Denise Gaskill and Le Ann Carlson designed the bracelets after a
request from the mother of a young girl with diabetes.

"I have a 13-year-old babysitter with diabetes. Her mother asked me if I
could design a fashionable ID bracelet for her daughter. I came up with the
idea of an interchangeable medical ID bracelet and it took off from there,"
Gaskill said.
Each bracelet contains two clasps that hook onto the medical ID tag. The
bracelets are available in different sizes with several colors, including
rose, cobalt and kiwi. Some of the bracelets may be personalized with a
name. The prices begin at $39.95.

Carlson and Gaskill named the bracelets "Lauren's Hope For A Cure" because
of their hope for an eventual cure to diabetes. In an effort to find a
cure, Lauren's Hope donates a portion of its profits to the Juvenile
Diabetes Research Foundation. For more information including pricing and
selection go to www.laurenshope.com or call their toll free number

Do You Yahoo!?