Re: [IP] hmo for diabetic children

I have recently switched insurances to Kaiser Permanente. (An HMO if there
ever was one!) On my first visit with my new primary care physician, she
suggested a pump (I didn't even know enough to ask about it at the time),
gave me a referral to the endocronology department, and within three months
of that visit I will be on the paradigm. They are putting me through
extensive training and preperation, including classes on pumping, visits
with a dietician and a NP CDE, and a CDE who specializes in pump starts. I
only have to pay $10 for each day I visit one or more of these people, $10
copay for two month supply of any prescriptions, and 20% of the cost of the
pump its self. Personally, I am very happy with my HMO. I love Kaiser!

Type 1 7 yrs, Starting pump in next two months!