[IP] Gestational diabetes

I have just learned that my step-daughter, who is pregnant with her third
child, may have gestational diabetes (no problems with her previous
pregnancies).  She's had one test, where her glucose was elevated (I don't
know how high) and will have another test later this week.  I'd like to read
more about it, to give her some peace of mind.  I know she's fearful that
she'll end up like me ("thoroughly diabetic)   Anyhow, can anyone refer me to
a web page to learn more about this?  Thanks.