[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #213

In a message dated 3/26/02 7:54:06 PM, email @ redacted writes:

>I frequently wear my infusion site on my thigh (front to front-side) and
>almost always wear my pump on the "leg thing" which straps under the knee.
>Halle could have easily worn the pump just the way I do...there were
>certainly enough gathers round the waist/legs to hide the small profile
>of a
>Quick Set or Silhouette.  However, she may have gone on syringes for this
>one night.  Who knows?

I doubt if Halle has a pump! She said she controls her diabetes with diet.
I have heard that there is an type of Diabetes that is in the African
community that is a little different than the type we are used to. They have
it, then it goes away and later resurfaces.
I don't know the details, but I have heard about it more than once in my life.

Perhaps this is what she has.