[IP] ADHD and D

My son, Kevin is also VERY ADHD. He is on Adderall and a insulin pump. The
insurance company rejected Kevin at first because he had ADHD. We had to fight
for it! We told them that when his bgs are out of control it intensifies the
ADHD...somedays we couldnt tell if it was Kevin low OR Kevin with ADHD!

He is very implulsive, but responsible when it comes to his pump. Don't get me
wrong, we have had "implulsive moments" where he eats snacks at school and
boluses "willy nilly" and pays for it later...but they are getting less. I
think that is just teenager, and not so much ADHD.

Kevin does all his own site changes, very diligently, tests on his own...he's
not so good about record keeping or always remembering to bolus with
distractions...but is that teen or ADHD? Some times it is hard to draw the
line between kid and his ADHD....

All in all, I think that it would be extremely hard to control the D without
the pump, and without the pump, it would be much harder to control the ADHD.
It's a vicious cycle!

Mom to Kevin, 14, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99