From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 5:09 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Pump/Beeper and 504 Thread
They are in a number of ADA pubs. You can also look at the stats on
the National Institute of Health web site, but remember that they
only list what it says on death certificates so if someone with
diabetes dies of heart failure due to coronary artery disease,
stroke, or kidney failure -- all of which are brought on as
complications of diabetes, the death certificate does not say
DIABETES so the stats collected by NIH are misleading. I suspect the
real numbers are higher than 200,000 but it is hard to determine
exactly.

Michael