[IP] Schools, teachers, etc.

"At our school, the principal announces class rosters on the Thursday
before school starts.  This would give me one working day to talk to the
teacher about Scott's diabetes..."

I have found that contacting the school, as soon as the offices are open, and
then in turn, contacting the principal, office staff, etc. , I have been able
to receive Jake's schedules/teachers early, and begin the process of
"teaching" or reviewing Jake's diabetes routine.  Each year, a month before
school starts, the district nurse sends out the medical care plan from the
following year, asking for any changes to be marked and the forms the doctors
need to sign for the new year.  It is an involved process, but to start
early, and be organized is my "mind saver".

Judy, Mom to Jake, 13, pumping since 8/01