[IP] meds in schools (was teacher selection)

 Kathy, I was "supposed" to be going to the nurses office when I needed
to administer any medication and they were the ones who were supposed to
inform the teachers as well.  My doctor knew that I was the one who had
been making the decisions and could easily do it on my own without help.
Since my elementary and middle schools had about 100 students in them, we
did not have phones, but they called the office (where the nurse's office
was) to send the nurse down.  The same thing for my high school of 600
students (and no, I did not attend private school).  It might be
something to look into. I hope this helps someone out there....I still
remember my first grade teacher insisting that I not eat in her
classroom(1989), which meant that I missed over an hour of instruction
each day. Emily