RE: [IP] pump at school mistaken for beeper

I am laughing at the stupidity of people...They would rather pay for a visit to the hospital than to give you a bottle of insulin...it's an amazing world!

-----Original Message-----
From: Rowe, Kelly [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:41 AM
To: 'email @ redacted'
Subject: RE: [IP] pump at school mistaken for beeper

>His goal is the same as mine: EDUCATION of the masses, who fail to think
diabetes is anything more than an inconvenience when dessert is served!!!<

The bastions of ignorance exist in the most surprising locations.  Last week
I had a mail-order prescription service representative ask me, "Can't you
live without your insulin for a week?", when I was trying to get approval
for a quick refill at a local pharmacy.  I explained to her that within a
day or two I would be in the hospital in DKA where approval for insulin
would be much easier to obtain.  ;-)

Kelly