RE: [IP] pump at school mistaken for beeper

>I will allow her to eat her breakfast because she is Diabetic, but she
needs to do it within the first 5 minutes of class."  Our mouths dropped
open and as parents we both thought, "This is a teacher?"<

This is a control-freak.  They exist in all walks of life, including
educators (I would not a person like that with the title of "teacher", as he
or she is an example of what not to be).  You have learned from the
experience and moved on with dignity... admirable.