RE: [IP] British Medical Journal article on pumping

>From   http://bmj.com/cgi/content/full/324/7339/705   Ellen sent this
earlier...
WHY in the   #$%^   would any report add this??? UGH!.....Insulin pump
therapy is unnecessary for most people with type 1 diabetes and should be
reserved for those with special problems with optimised insulin injections
Conclusions: Glycaemic control is better during continuous subcutaneous
insulin infusion compared with optimised injection therapy, and less insulin
is needed to achieve this level of strict control. The difference in control
between the two methods is small but should reduce the risk of microvascular
complications.
This kind of research makes me crazy, and is what some NON CHILD PUMP
FRIENDLY CLINICs hold on to! IT's NOT right!

Connie Miller
Photography benefiting the Children With DIABETES Foundation.
If  9 out of 10 people that read this say NO, we still raise $300,000 this
year for CWDF.
If  9 out of 10 people that read this say YES, we raise 3 MILLION this year
to fund a porcine islet cell transplantation trial.
Are you with us? www.fundsfordiabetes.org