Re: [IP] Adjusting Basals

Marion,

According to my pump trainer (who has taught me a lot of what I need to
know about the pump), you should only change the basal .1units at a
time.  If the numbers go up to about 450 during a given time, then you
should think about maybe a little more (like .2u at a time).  I would
think that the basal would be adjusted about an hour before you start to
go "high".

My endo told me that we were going to see how things ran for the first 5
days before we started to play around with the basal.  We found a dawn
phenomona that neither of us knew about (even though we had been doing
some 3am testing throughout the yrs) when he had the hospital testing me
every 2hrs Fri night.

Best of luck,

Emily

dxed 2/89

pumping 3 days and loving it!

----Original Message Follows---- From: email @ redacted Reply-To:
email @ redacted To: email @ redacted Subject: [IP] Adjusting
Basals Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:42:11 EST For all you experienced
pumpers, please tell me how you derived a formula for adjusting your
basals. 1) If a b.g. drops at a certain hour of the day, how many hours
before that do you adjust the basal? 2) In what increments do you adjust
the basal? 3) How much do you adjust the basal? I am assuming that
depends on how much a unit of insulin drops b.g. Thank you Marion