Re: [IP] Iowans, and which pump?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Molly Gilmore-Baldwin" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 3:35 PM
Subject: [IP] Iowans, and which pump?

> I am looking for any Iowans on the list, particularly in central
> Iowa. I live in Des Moines and want to get a pump, and I'd like to
> get some local info and maybe even talk to a pumper in person.
> And I'd also like to know how some of you picked your pumps? I've
> read a lot on the Web, but there don't seem to be any really
> opinionated comparisions available. So give me the in-depth scoop,
> please!
> Molly

You CAN find opinionated messages on the choice of pumps, the Archives here
have plenty of those.  But IMO the way to choose which pump you want is to
try, if not all, at least three of them.  There are links on the Links page
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/links.shtml  that will point you to
"Comparison Pages" for the 4 companies and the 6 pumps currently being sold
in the US.

George   (soon to be "comparing" pumps for a replacement on my expiring
warranties)       ;>)