RE: [IP] Teacher selection

No!  You are not being unreasonable!  This should be standard practice...It is
totally reasonable to ask for a teacher who you feel is a good choice for your
child in this special circumstance.  I teach 1st grade and my principal told
me that if there was a D child, he/she would be with me...since I pump.
Your principal is being a jerk, and if you need to go to the central office to
get his attention, then you will need to do that.  I would try to go through
the principal first, but if this doesn't work, then head to the next person
up. If you need to, go to the superintendent to get some answers.  My mom told
me that if you won't be your child's advocate, no one else will be.

I think you need to do anything you have to to get this child situated for a
good school year next year.  Good luck!