[IP] Teacher selection

At our school, the principal announces class rosters on the Thursday afternoon
before school starts.  This would give me one working day to talk to the
teacher about Scott's diabetes.  The actual training done by the county nurse
often isn't completed until a month or two after school starts.  I think this
is completely unacceptable.  We have a pump training scheduled after spring
break and I would like the principal to select a teacher now for Scott so that
this teacher can attend the pump training meeting.  The principal feels there
is no reason to make any changes to the established plan for Scott.  Am I
being unreasonable?

I initially had asked for the same third grade teacher that my older son had
for several reasons.  One is that I already have a realtionship with him and I
know he would be very good about looking out for Scott and learning what
needed to be done in an emergency.  I would trust having Scott in that
classroom.  Second, Scott is comfortable with him.

I asked this teacher how he would feel about having Scott in his class.  I
told him to do whatever research he felt was necessary, to talk to Scott's
teacher this year, and take his time in getting back to me.  I wanted to make
sure that this was something he would feel comfortable with.  I mentioned to
the assistant principal that I was doing this.  She said it was fine, the
teacher said he would be happy to have Scott in his class, but now the head
principal thinks I am running his school for him and he is angry about it.

I really wasn't trying to force his hand.  I talked to the AP and I tried to
talk to the principal himself - he just never made the time to talk to me.

Again am I being unreasonable?  Any  suggestions on handling the situation?