RE: [IP]teachers and 504s (was pump mistaken as beeper)

I teach first grade in GA.  I know I have signed a bazillion forms for kids.
However, I am not sure that each teacher each year has to sign a new form.
Yes, I may sign the original, but does the teacher in each grade following
sign the same form, making her/him aware of a child's situation.  I am in a
small school, so we communicate a LOT.  But if a child leaves us, or
communication breaks down, then not every one in successive grades may be
informed.  I think it is safest for the parent to go to the teacher at the
beginning of each school year and talk to the teacher(s) about the 504.
Just my opinion...