Re: [IP] Is Paridigm waterproff

In a message dated 3/22/02 1:57:37 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>   If you do submerge your pump to eight feet for thirty minutes, how long
> does it
> have to be in dry air before you can do it again?

I was at a pump support group meeting a few weeks ago.  A MM representative
was there.  She said you have to get out of the water and dry your pump off,
then you can go right back in.

 I should have asked about being at the beach and "sand issues".  Also, who
is going to "keep track or set their alarm" to get out of the water after 30
minutes???  For me, no matter which pump I have, I think it would be "in my
best interest" to have a waterproof case.

Awhile back someone mentioned that with the paradigm, if your battery goes
low in the middle of the night, you can just grab a battery out of your tv
remote.  The MM rep told us that you can't use slightly used batteries with
the paradigm.  it will rread battery low.  She also said if you take a new
battery, put it in the pump, use it briefly, then remove the battery and
reinsert , the pump will read battery low.  it is designed as a safety