Re: [IP] Adjusting Basals

1) We typically make the change about 2-3hrs
beforehand. But it really depends on how subtle or
drastic we want the change to be. There have been times
when we've done it 4-5hrs beforehand.
2) We've always done it in .1 increments and then give
that 2-3 days to see if that is enough.
3) I'm not sure what you mean, seems the same as the
last question. If so, we do it in .1 increments, as

Or do you mean how frequently we make changes? If you
mean how frequently, we change until we get repeatable
results (and then they stay the same for long periods
of time, then we go through the process all over again
when she grows, etc.) Any time there is a change in
total daily insulin of more than about ~2u, or a gain
of more than ~5 lbs or so, you'll probably find that
you'll need to make some changes. But YMMV.

Happy to help! :)

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.3yrs,
pumping 2.3yrs, and 7 other blessings
~*~do-`da-ga-g`hv-i (until we meet again)~*~

Marion asked:
For all you experienced pumpers, please tell me how you
derived a formula for
adjusting your basals.

1) If a b.g. drops at a certain hour of the day, how
many hours before that
do you adjust the basal?

2) In what increments do you adjust the basal?

3) How much do you adjust the basal?  I am assuming
that depends on how much
a unit of insulin drops b.g.