RE: [IP] Is Paridigm waterproff

The way it was explained to me by my trainer was that I just had to have
the pump out of the water for a few seconds.  That is long enough to
allow the pump to "breathe" and keep functioning. Emily  ----Original
Message Follows---- From: "Rowe, Kelly" <email @ redacted>
<email @ redacted> Subject: RE: [IP] Is Paridigm waterproff Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:48:13 -0500 Nothing is waterproof. Things just have
acceptable leakage rates up to certain pressures (depths). Exceed either
the pressure or the exposure time specified, and you can experience water
encroachment problems. There is a third aspect to this that MM didn't
publish; cycle frequency. If you do submerge your pump to eight feet for
thirty minutes, how long does it have to be in dry air before you can do
it again? In Florida, with our 90+ percent humidity, that could be
years... ;-) Kelly The engineer in me made me post this.