Re: [IP] pump at school mistaken for beeper

In a message dated 3/23/2002 11:00:30 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Instead of encouraging Sara and being able to feel a sense of accomplishment
> by helping a student reach goals, she just shut a student out.
> School can be tough for teen Diabetics.

I am SO sorry that you are having such a diificult time with this teacher.
SHE definitlely has a problem! I am a teacher as well as a pumping diabetic.
I have a student who is newly dxd. We, the school, have bent over backwards
to accomodate for his diabetes. There are 2 ends of the spectrum. I hope you
have better luck in the future. If you continue to have problems consider
special education. She can be placed OHI (Other Health Impaired). The school
is bound BY LAW to accomodate for diabetes. (IDEA)