Re:Re: [IP] Re: Nicole's question

I, Nicole, stated that I am SO tired of non-diabetics thinking that I have
done something wrong if my blood sugar is not within normal range. For
instance, not eating, eating wrong things, not taking insulin, etc. I asked
does anyone else feel this way?"

Reading your post made this non-DM spouse of and the DM'er here think "yes"!
Those who don't deal and live with DM 24/7 have little comprehension.   From
the time of Hubby's first "really severe, call the paramedics in the middle
of the night hypo" many, many years ago until about 3 months after he began
pumping, I never slept more than 2 hours at a shot at night 'cause of
potential for out of the blue lows, and even those 2 hours were never deep
sleep (no longer have huge bags under the eyes!!).
The favorite two statements for all times when he was on injections: 1. when
Hubby had an unexpected high, "Why'd he forget to take his shot?"; 2. "He
took his shot so why can't he eat that? [big piece of cake, 20 oz. sirloin,
etc]".  So-o-o many people assume that somehow just putting insulin into
your body does it.  No understanding (and often no desire to understand)
that diabetes can be a very complex condition where "doing what he should"
doesn't mean good results even 90% of the time, that having a high/low blood
sugar doesn't equate to being "bad".  Those who really care about Hubby have
taken the time to listen to what he and I explain (often I've been
approached about "what did he do wrong?"), have learned some basics, and now
know one should never judge that Hubby "did something wrong" when he's out
of target range.
My hat goes off to all who post here because you are trying to handle a most
unpredictable, and frustrating condition.
Marj of Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list);
and "Ace, the PP" (portable pancreas)