  From: Nancy Ludwig
  To: Insulin pumpers
  Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 3:59 PM
  Subject: [IP] medical Tests

  I just got back from my Neurologist and he said I don't have neuropothy.  I
  have been in pain in my hands, arms, elbows and feet for a year now.  I am
  getting very tired.  I sleep 10+ hours a day.  But I am still exhausted.
When
  I come up the stairs, I am winded and tired.  The Neruologist did take some
  blood work for RA and Neuropothy, these came back negative.  But I scored
  postive for    Alpha1 and for IgM Total.  He did not know what these tests
  results were for.  Can you believe it!?  I have seen a Reumatologist, a
  Neurologist, three family practictioners and now one seems to know what my
  problem is.  I have scored positive for ANA as well.  I have had DM for 15
  years now.

  Anyone know what these tests are for?  I would really appreciate some
  insight.
  Nancy