RE: [IP] Re: Brittle Diabetics

I agree with you totally.  I also wonder when people refer to themselves or others as "brittle", is that really accurate?  I believe that I was not "brittle" at the outset after my dx, and for several years after. Maybe I had enough insulin left to smooth things out.  Now that I am "long-term"(16 yrs.) I am coming to terms with the fact that I am also "brittle".  Most of us here are brittle or we wouldn't be here at all.  I think that all of us who have NO insulin production at all can consider ourselves brittle.  I used to swear I would never be "brittle".  Ahhh...the ignorance of youth.  I can't imagine having no insulin at all and having smooth bgs.  If someone is out there like this, please let me know how you do it?