No Subject

"I don't do well with anesthesia and becoming lucid following surgery will take awhile.
Anyway, I was not trying to second guess anyone."

This is a good reason not to pump during Surgery.
Hospitals were pumping Insulin long before MiniMed.
They give you IV Insulin.
They are responsible for your glucose control while you are in the Hospital.  Their treatment and your Pump are going to conflict leading to problems for you.
Trust your Endo, Take a Pump Vacation during your surgery.

Good Luck