Re: [IP] surgery with or without the pump

I nearly insisted and the OGBYN insisted as well to let me keep my pump on
for a C-section.  The hospital and staff were very helpful.  I did check my
sugar right before the surgery, and suspended the pump.  I was high for a
couple of days, trying to be conservative.   But my insulin requirements
while pregnant had tripled.  I slowly dropped down to what I needed.  Who
had time to look at the insulin requirments when I had a cute 10 and a half
pound baby girl in my arms!  :-)     (my Ha1c was 6.2....go figure!)
MM507 4 years, DM 15 years, 2 csections,2 beautiful daughters!