Re: [IP] My new Paradigm arrived yesterday...

> Shelly
>
> Are you still liking the Paradigm compared to the 508?  The smaller
> reservoir doesn't bother you? We get hooked up to the Paradigm on
> March 29.  My daughter is 12 and hope she won't need to much insulin
> so we can keep the site changes down to a minimum

If she's 12, I can pretty much assure you that over the next few
years you are going to see some pretty amazing insulin requirements
as she grows. I've repeated this in the past -- Lily's daily insulin
requirement at one point when she was a young teen was 90 units a
day. The year in question she grew almost 4 inches and ran BASAL
rates at night of 2 u / hour  -- that's right, TWO units per hour.
During this time she was not ill, overweight or anything else that
you might suspect would contribute to high insulin needs. Just a
healthy growing kid. As you might expect, she always used up a full
3cc syringe of insulin every 3 day+ a little and a couple of times
ran out on the 4th day while a school (the old air in the syringe
trick saved the day each time).

Michael