Re: Re: [IP] Re: college and diabetes

Hi Julia,

I would definitely recommend speaking with the Disability Resource Center at
any and all of the schools you are considering.  They have extensive experience
dealing with all kinds of disabilities, with all facets of college life.

I would suggest the following:  while visiting a school, if you like the
campus, find out the contact information for the DRC.  If you have time, stop
in and check it out.  Otherwise, call them or exchange emails.  They will be
able to facilitate any information gathering you need, regarding the cafeteria,
etc.  Think of them as the insurance people at the pump companies.  They'll be
able to do all the work for you.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

p.s.  A lot of the larger schools have cafeterias that are open non-stop.  Mine
opens for breakfast at 7am and doesn't close until 9pm.  It's very convenient,
but it does depend on the size of the school and the amount of traffic the
cafeteria gets.

<I know it differs from school to school, but would you reccommend contacting
the disability
services if they have not contacted you? I'm wondering if I should talk to
dining hall workers
so if I was nearby and needed food fast, they would let me run in. >