RE: [IP] surgery with or without the pump

I didn't mean to question the anesthesiologist's judgment.  I realize that the most important thing is staying alive.
I was thinking about the fact that it will probably be 18 hours before I am able to "rehook".  I don't do well with anesthesia and becoming lucid following surgery will take awhile.
Anyway, I was not trying to second guess anyone.