[IP] Re: brittle

In a message dated 3/21/02 10:38:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Claire said:

> I'm not sure if you are talking about the same thing, but "brittle"
> diabetics get pretty tired of hearing that "just doing this or that" is
> going
> to change their bodies' response.  Because they already know that this
> isn't
> true.  All they can do is do their best from day to day and take what
> comes.
Exactly! Do the best you can! You can never control all the variables. Just
find out (through trial and error and good records) what works for you. With
a pump, and no long acting insulin in the system, at leas one unpredictable
variable is out of the picture.