[IP] Re: bg meter

I now have a One Touch Ultra and I like it as well.  It is small, takes very
little blood and it quick.  I had an Accu-chek complete for years (until the
screen stopped working) and I liked that it would give me BG values broken
down by eight different times a day. However it took 40 seconds and was

I keep the meter in the plastic part of the case and the strip case stays
attached with the elastic and I can test very quickly at work without anyone
noticing.  The disadvantage is that is is harder to read the numbers with the
plastic over it.  It also does not have a backlight.  I still use the
Softclix that came with the Accucheck, because I like that better.

I saw a the new Precision Xtra that glows in the dark, has a blacklight
display and a spot light to see where to put the blood - great for testing in
the dark!  Has anyone tried it?  It is advertised on the back of Diabetes
Self-MAnagement (March/April 2002).