RE: [IP] school meals

--- Jennifer Harkleroad <email @ redacted>
> As a first grade teacher, I am well-aware of the
> pitfalls of school lunches.
> I am the diabetic in my family, so I can control
> what I eat.  However, I am
> always better off  if I bring my lunch from home.
> The school lunches are
> packed with calories(for those poor darlings who
> don't get enough at
> home..this was the intention of 1000 calorie lunches
> yrs ago.)

I eat lunch with my daughter every Weds and have been
high after every school lunch. I thought I knew how to
count carbs but these lunches are way overboard on the
simple carbs. Weds they had a rotini and sauce(very
sweet), a hotdog bun with marg., a spice cake and peas
and milk.(white skipped the chocolate). I ate about
half of everything and thought approx. 90-100gms. at
1:15 I took 6 units. wrong! 2hrs later 383. I don't
know what they are made of, but I'm going to pack next
wed. (PS. My daughter never eats the lunches, maybe
she knows something)

Do You Yahoo!?