RE: [IP] school meals

As a first grade teacher, I am well-aware of the pitfalls of school lunches.
I am the diabetic in my family, so I can control what I eat.  However, I am
always better off  if I bring my lunch from home.  The school lunches are
packed with calories(for those poor darlings who don't get enough at
home..this was the intention of 1000 calorie lunches yrs ago.)  Now they are
mostly kid-friendly, but also still packed with sugar (even though they are
healthier than they used to be, i.e., fruit as dessert rather than 2X2
homemade Reese's peanut butter cups like they used to feed us...yummy!!!)
Anyway, I think it's definitely safer to pack a lunch even though it is a huge
pain.  I can't eat school lunches regularly or I would weigh 500 lbs. and have
skyhigh bg.  You aren't alone....

P. S.  I am 35 and the hormone thing is killing me even at my age...sorry to
say it doesn't improve with age....