RE: [IP] Back surgery questions

I am not having back surgery, but a hysterectomy in May.  I asked my endo this
question today...what will I do about insulin?  She says that they prefer you
to remove your pump during surgery and recovery...then when you are lucid, you
can put it back on.  She says they will ck. bg every hour at least, and give
insulin and D5W through the IV.  I know people here have been allowed to wear
their pumps, but she acted like most hospitals want it off.  I told her I
would prefer to not go on injections at all...she said this would be ok.

I would like to hear others' experiences as well.