Re: [IP] School Nurses/Nutrition Guides

> In a message dated 3/21/02 2:28:42 PM Central Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > . The schools were
> > always supportive of Lily and never gave us any problems like the
> > horror stories that you've heard, they just have no resources on
> > campus.
> >
> Did they do what they needed to for Lily? or was it all on you and
> Lily? just curious.....I have always maintained that my daughter
> does not *need* a nurse but some people willing to be trained......

No one was ever trained. I gave each of her teachers every year the
"Letter to Teachers and Coaches" that is on the kids page of the web
site. No emergencies ever came up, just routine highs and lows. All
of her teachers always allowed her to test, etc... in the classroom.
I guess that many of the staff really would know what to do other
than call 911 if things really got hairy, but I think the overall
supportive attitude was more important to us.