[IP] Re: bg meter

> <<Since going on the pump a few months ago, I tried 2 bg
> meters, and don't like either -- does anyone have any
> suggestions regarding either these meters or other
> options>>

When Claire started pumping we switched to the One Touch Ultra, which was
just out on the market.  We really like the 5 second count-down and our meter
is extremely accurate.  I also like the nice little carrying case, which has
room for extra pump batteries and dextrose supplies.
     What I don't really like is the vial with the strips in it.  We go
skiing a lot, and the vial is a big bulge in my inner pocket that I don't
need added to my natural bulges!  I am thinking of going back to Bayer's
Glucometer Elite, at least for skiing days, as the strips are individually
packaged and are nice and flat to put in your pockets.  The Elites Claire has
used have been extremely accurate when tested against the lab, and use a very
small amount of blood, in practice a very similar amount to the One Touch
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7