[IP] "brittle diabetic" and other stuff I've been told

I just had to weigh in here with the extreme relief and happiness I experienced upon meeting the endo who is helping me with the pump.  Glancing over the notes from my family physician who noted only that I wanted to go on an insulin pump, he gave a low whistle and said, "38 years?  You....need...a pump!"

When he reviewed my blood sugars on the pump over a four month period, his comment was "wow, your diabetes is laaaaaaaaaaaaabile!"  and followed that with a compliment about my A1c and a gentle admonition to watch those lows.  He seems to understand (better than ANY doctor I have even had) that there are people whose blood sugars can have wild swings with little or no reason.

And I am so grateful!

Diana (who had at LEAST her share of those docs who graduated last-in-the-class)