Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:53:24 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Brittle Diabetes

I used to be one of those diabetics with terrific
A1c's without much
for the first ten years that I had diabetes.  Almost
every time I
tested, I
was in or near the normal range.  I used to think
those with poor
were either uneducated or undisciplined. But then
after my children
born, everything changed.  My hormonal cycles started
creating control
issues, I started having a strong dawn phenomenon, and
became much more
sensitive to exercise, food, everything.  My numbers
can be all over
place for no apparent reason.  I'm sure there is a
reason, I just can't
figure it  out. Maybe it's my age, the length of time
I've had diabetes
(almost 20 years), the stress that family life can
create (although I
college, high school, etc., also had stress).   Who
knows?  The pump
has made
things better, but not like it used to be.  I can't
believe I used to
be so
arrogant in my attitudes towards people with control

Do You Yahoo!?