Re: [IP] Brittle Diabetes

> From: email @ redacted
> I can't believe I used to be so
> arrogant in my attitudes towards people with control issues.

I think this goes along with that moccasin thing - *until you've walked....*
There are many on this list who think having DM is a wonderful thing and a
wake-up call and wouldn't trade it for anything. I sure don't want to trade
my DM for a diff. disease either, BUT, it sure isn't a wonderful thing, blah
blah blah! My first 33 years (before pumping) was wayyyyyyy substandard care
because of the lack of technology. I was *pretty much* complication free and
couldn't understand people who couldn't work due to DM, etc. Boggled my mind
cuz I had nothing to relate to other than having the same disease. When
complications start setting in, empathy appears, albeit unwelcomed. YMMV

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad