[IP] Brittle Diabetes

I used to be one of those diabetics with terrific A1c's without much effort
for the first ten years that I had diabetes.  Almost every time I tested, I
was in or near the normal range.  I used to think those with poor control
were either uneducated or undisciplined. But then after my children were
born, everything changed.  My hormonal cycles started creating control
issues, I started having a strong dawn phenomenon, and became much more
sensitive to exercise, food, everything.  My numbers can be all over the
place for no apparent reason.  I'm sure there is a reason, I just can't
figure it  out. Maybe it's my age, the length of time I've had diabetes
(almost 20 years), the stress that family life can create (although I think
college, high school, etc., also had stress).   Who knows?  The pump has made
things better, but not like it used to be.  I can't believe I used to be so
arrogant in my attitudes towards people with control issues.