Re: [IP] gastroparesis and low BS

> What were you using to raise the low sugar?  WIth gastroparesis,
> food sits in the stomach and the tablets or food simply sit on top
> and don't get digested.
>  When the food and tablets (or whatever you were using to raise the
>  sugar)

Glucose is absorbed directly through mucous membrane including that
in the mouth and throat. It does not require digestion so
gastroparesis is not an issue. Any other type of sugar DOES require
digestion and must be broken down into glucose before it can be used
just like any other carb. Throughly chewing a glucose tab and
swishing it around as you do so or using glucose gel will maximize
the speed at which you can bring bg's up. According to our endo, you
can ingest more glucose in this fashion than any other method
including IV glucose -- which damages blood vessels in concentrated