Re: [IP] pump supplies under new insurance??

Julie,

I had a very similar situation.  I switched jobs and therefore my insurance changed.  I went from using a HMO to having a benefits administrator.  My insurance coverage and prescription coverage is with two different providers.  Your medical supplies should all fall under the regular medical
coverage, and the pump supplies should all fall under the same thing as your testing strips. One bad thing is, for me anyway, I have to pay first and then be reimbursed by the insurance company.  I found a wonderful resource though.  I use a company that provides me with diabetic supplies
and then invoices the insurance company.  They can provide everything, even the insulin.  You do have to put them in touch with your doctor for prescriptions, but it has been very helpful for me.  They send my supplies every three months and bill me later for my portion.  The name of the
company is Access Diabetic Supply and their number is 1-800-276-5712.  You may have to be persistent, but it will pay off.  I hope this helps.

Billie