[IP] Re: Ketone Strip Question/Informal Poll...

I have been T1 since 1954. I have used Ketone strips very rarely. The bottle expires before I have used 3.
It your bg is high, you may have ketones, but you treat it the same way as if you don't. . .
drink water, and give more insulin.

The only time it would be a problem, is if you are sick with the flu or something like that, and you become dehydrated.

Since those of us on the pump are exercising very tight bg control, the high bgs are not lasting very long. We are treating them rapidly, so the damage is less.