RE: [IP] Ketone Strip Question/Informal Poll...

I have a tube of strips at home.  I have individually wrapped ones(in foil) for my bag that I take everywhere...extra insulin, needles, strips, meter...so that if I am at work, and get worried, I can check...
I was in lactic/ketoacidosis in 99 and nearly died(ICU 3days) because I didn't check ketones...just assumed it wouldn't happen to me...
make sure you have ketostix...they are important...if you never use them, well, be glad...it was just a waste of money...
But if you are sick, you will be glad.
I never knew how serious it was, until I nearly died.