Re: [IP] Re: college and diabetes

I completely agree with you. You take every reasonable precaution you can
think of, and that's the best you can do.

I had my first(and last) severe (passing out) low the night before I left
home. I was moving into my own apartment after completing my college degree.
My parents were understandably concerned, and wondered whether I should even
live on my own. What it comes down to from my perspective is that you take
every reasonable precaution you can, but you cannot constantly be in the
company of people who can help. Everyone has to be alone sometimes. I lived
alone for two and a half years (age 18 - 20). I was fine during that time,
never having a severe reaction, and never requiring assistance. I understand
parents' concerns, but as a young person, it is hard to deal with parents
who sometimes seem a little too concerned...  You have to go out on your own