[IP] Ketone Strip Question/Informal Poll...

Hi Everyone...

I was recently informed that a friend of mine, who is Type #1 and pumping
for 8mos., was told by his endo. that it was not necessary for him to
order ketone strips to have on hand, in case of multiple high blood sugars.
:-/ My question is...How many of you adult pumpers order ketone strips for
this purpose? I find it extremely difficult to reason why and endo would
discourage a patient from ordering supplies that could alert him to a
potentially dangerous situation. Am I missing something here?

Pam C*
Wife to Bobby
Mom to Taylor (9) dx.4/98 pumping~MM508~10/01
and Chloe (5)