[IP] Re: diabetes in relatives

From: Lauren Selikoff
<snip> I just keep thinking - if I had taken care of myself in my teens and
early twenties the way I do now, I would be a whole lot healthier and
wouldn't be going through the same kind of problems I'm currently having...
sigh. Well, I guess hindsight is always 20/20! >>>

Just remember, however, there are no guarantees. You can look back *hoping*
that would have been the case, however, most of DM is the luck of the gene
pool. I never took one BG my first 33 yrs of DM (wasn't invented yet for
home use). I avoided pee tests cuz I didn't like wet hands and 4+ results
every time. In reality, I should be far worse off than what I am - I was fed
lots of poor choices of foods so I wouldn't go low - not considering the
damage highs would do. There are people who have had DM far less time than I
and are much worse off - even with striving to care for themselves. This is
a YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) condition. (~_^)

On a church marquee: Sign broke. Message inside.