Re: RE: [IP] terrified of lows

At 02:51 PM 3/19/02 email @ redacted wrote:
 >In a message dated 3/19/02 1:18:02 PM, email @ redacted writes:
 ><<  a "brittle" type 1 diabetic? >>
 >    Where does this come from??? My endo told me that (brittle) mean's
out of
 >control and so far (with me )I think he's right?? is that true??

It's an old term, but for some of us, it's a real phenomenon. I fit in that
category and nothing ever stays the same. I can eat and do exactly the same
things two days in a row, with totally different BG's. There is no
consistency. Basals are constantly changing. Carb/insulin ratios are
constantly changing. If someone who is "brittle" is "out of control," it's
only because it's almost impossible to be "in total control" when you're
this way. In my opinion, if you are quoting him accurately, your endo is
making disparaging remarks about those who find it almost impossible to
control this situation, even when they try.